If you have a PayPal business account, you might be struggling if you need to cancel a subscription or automatic payment.
The problem is, that the way to do this is different than personal PayPal accounts, so the instructions you find by googling this probably won’t match what you’re seeing in your PayPal account.
To keep track of your personal finances, it’s always good to review any automatic payments coming out of your accounts, including through PayPal.
Heads up! We may earn a commission for any products or services purchased via links in this post. The money we make through these links helps keep the lights on and the wheels turning. Thanks for supporting us!
To cancel an automatic payment agreement from within your PayPal Business account:
- Hover over your profile name in the top-right corner, then click on account settings.
- From here, click on money, bank accounts and cards in the left-hand menu under business profile.
- Then, scroll down until you find automatic payments towards the bottom of the page, and click on manage automatic payments.
- By default, you will only see about eight automatic payments, so if you don’t see the one you want to cancel, then just click the see more button.
- Click on the payment you would like to cancel. Over on the right, you’ll see that this payment is active. To remove it, click the cancel button.
- Next confirm that you actually do want to cancel this payment, and that’s it.
How about something a bit different?
As an expat in Australia, yours truly has used Wise for years to make low-cost international transfers and receive business payments from overseas.
Wise works in 175 countries and 50 currencies. You get your very own spending card - either physical or digital or both - and you can set up actual bank accounts in multiple countries to facilitate easy payments between you, your suppliers and your customers.
Take on the world with Wise — the universal account for sending, spending, and receiving money like a local.